Visit Spotlight on Facebook, or to subscribe, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
News and Opinions from the New Castle Democratic Committee
Copyright 2017, New Castle Democrats
Committed to electing experienced candidates who are dedicated to good government
The New Castle Democratic Committee has endorsed Dr. Lori Morton, a long time resident of Chappaqua, as its candidate for this year’s election to the New Castle Town Board. The election on November 3, 2020 will fill a seat vacated by New Castle Town Supervisor Ivy Pool upon her election as Supervisor. This is for the remaining year of Ivy’s vacated seat of Councilwoman.
Dr. Morton is a Vice President at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and has years of public service in the Town of New Castle via her work on the Chappaqua Children’s Book Festival, PTA Stem Committee, up2us and as a District Leader of the NCDC.
“Lori demonstrates everything we need in a Town Board member,” said NCDC Co-Chair Randee Glazer. “She’s brilliant, hard working, dedicated and will bring these strengths and her vision to the Town Board.” “We thank everyone who expressed an interest in our endorsement and hope that they continue to stay involved.”
Jane Silverman, the other Co-Chair noted, “Dr. Morton’s contributions to our town have already made a difference. On the Town Board she’ll be taking her public service to the next level, and this town will be the better for it.”Democratic Committee is interviewing candidates for the November 2020 election to serve the one-year remaining term of the Town Board seat being vacated by Ivy Pool. “We have been contacted by several potential candidates with whom we are talking,” said Nominations & Candidate Development Committee Chair Jane Silverman, “ but we always are looking for new people to get involved and bring new strengths to our Town government.” Potential candidates should contact Ms. Silverman no later than January 10, 2020 at silverma
***Information mailed out by the Westchester Board of Elections has the incorrect Street address for the Mount Kisco Memorial Complex.
The proper address is 1 WALLACE DRIVE in Mt Kisco.
It is NOT in Valhalla.*****
Due to the ever-changing COVID-19 pandemic, there has been confusing information regarding the June 23rd 2020 Primary Elections. Please see below which we hope will clear up some of the confusion.
Here are the facts:
1. All eligible Active and Inactive voters will be mailed an Absentee Ballot application that can be used to request an Absentee Ballot for the June 23rd 2020 Primary Elections (Presidential Primary & Congressional/State/Local Primary Elections) which will include a postage paid return envelope. Voters should start to receive them in the mail starting the weekend of Friday, May 15th.
2. You can select Temporary Illness as the reason for requesting Absentee ballots in Box 1 on the application.
3. You can select Primary Election in Box 2 on the application and receive two (2) Absentee ballots: one for the Presidential Primary and one for the Congressional/State/Local Primary Elections.*
4. All applications must be sent back to the Board of Elections, but received no later than Tuesday, June 16th in order to receive ballots in time.
5. Once the Board of Elections has processed your application, they will mail you the Absentee Ballots which will include a postage paid return envelope.
6. There will still be Early Voting at various Polling Sites throughout the County for the June 23rd 2020 Primary Elections from Saturday, June 13th through Sunday, June 21st. (Polling Sites to be determined.)
7. On Primary Election Day - June 23rd 2020, there will be polling sites open throughout the County for in-person voting form 6 am to 9 pm. (Polling Sites to be determined.)
*If you had already submitted an Absentee Ballot application from January through April 2020 for the Primary Elections, the Board may have already sent you one (1) Absentee Ballot for the Presidential Primary and will be sending you a second Absentee Ballot for the Congressional/State/Local Primary Elections when they become available later this month.
**If you discarded the Presidential Primary Absentee Ballot when it was originally cancelled and would like to request a replacement Absentee Ballot for that election you can contact the Board of Elections at 914-995-5700 to have a replacement Absentee Ballot mailed to you.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact the Secretary of the Westchester County Democratic Committee at 914-946-8300.
Follow us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/newcastledemocrats/
Normally, meetings will be held at Millwood Firehouse #1 Meeting Room and start at 7:45 pm. Registered Democrats in the Town of New Castle are always welcome to attend. For now our meetings will be held via Zoom; please contact the committee for a link prior ti the meeting time.
June 8th—rescheduled to June 15 due to special school board meeting
June 29th (organizational meeting)